Home Owner’s Insurance is designed to pay for damages to your home and its contents, or it can protect you from financial liability if someone is injured on your property. Home Owner’s Policies covers all these major categories:
- Dwelling – Residence, attached/built in garage
- Other Structures – Any structure which is not attached to the dwelling
- Personal Property – Covers damage and theft to your personal property.
- Additional Living Expense – Covers the additional costs of living in case you have to move out of your house while repairs are being done.
- Liability – To protect you in the event of a lawsuit
- Medical Payment to Others – Covers expense for medical costs to others
Note: Home Owner’s Insurance does not cover flooding which is an overflow of surface water. Flood insurance can be bought separately.
How Can I reduce My Insurance Costs?
- Contact a broker to get multiple quotes from many different insurance companies.
- Raise your deductible
- Reduce the risk of theft
- Ask about discounts for safety features
- Ask about discounts for buying other policies – auto and boat, for example – with the same company.
- Ask what other discounts are available
- Look into discounts available if you stay with the same insurer for several years.
- Insure your house, not the land.
- Ask if you are eligible for group coverage
To learn how UG Insurance Brokerage Inc. can meet your individual insurance needs, call us at (718) 848 7777 or fill out our no-obligation Quote Form.